Sunday, January 6, 2013

It's like forgetting the words to your favorite song..

I just, blog. Wow. 

So, 

Today someone told me that I looked more feminine with my hair short than when it was long and it made me feel really good idk. I don't mind if you use masculine, feminine or whatever pronouns if you aren't doing it in a snarky way. I like the idea of not being forced into a gender identity or being gender neutral or whatever. Some days I do in face want to be referred to and thought of as a boy, but others I want to be seen as female. Still other, I want to be nothing. Idk. I don't know how to tell people this or explain it and I highly doubt it'd go over well so I just sort of leave it alone.

 `Like, I just get upset when people tell me I look like a boy or things like that and use it as an insult. Some of my friends get all excited when I "dress normal" and that really hits home okay. I like wearing sweaters, t-shirts, ties, button-ups, pants, etc. I also like wearing skirts, blouses, dresses, fitted shirts, and the like. That's normal behavior. If I wear a "mens" sweater or shirt, I get yelled at by them and told to stay out of my brother's closet, which is actually kind of rude. If I wear a skirt or anything they deem is "designated” for girls, then they give me “praise” on “looking like I should.” I’m tired of it lol and they don’t get that when I tell them to stop.


      I want to feel comfortable with my choices and identity and sexuality, but I’ll be damned if just everyone is against that.

No comments:

Post a Comment